The Bucketball Game is another popular outdoor game. This article contains the info on how to play and win bucketball games. Now, I am asking you, do you know how to win a bucketball game easily?
Well! Let me introduce this game first. Then, I’ll let you know how to gain victory in the bucketball game.
What is a Bucketball Game?
Table of Contents
Kids, adults, and anyone can play the bucketball game. It’s a simple game.
This game implies landing the balls into buckets and making scores. These buckets are placed near each line’s end of the court. This game is none but a two-team game.
There are a minimum of four players on each team. For more than eight players, you will need more bucket ball playing equipment.
Every player has only one bucket to toss and catch with their hands. Players can move around with obvious boundaries (such as a chalk line) and throw the bucket.
They must stay within those boundaries too.
The bucket for this game should have a smaller diameter considering its height is longer. Usually, these buckets are 7” tall and 5” wide across the base.
One more thing, the bucket should be very durable. Otherwise, the game may appear boring.
Bucketball games can last for a fun half-hour. Otherwise, it may end up filling up the bucket with bucket balls for each player.
The bucket ball is a roughly 2-inch diameter rubber ball. It can fit perfectly in the bucket.
It’s made from high-quality rubber and covered with plastic. So, it will not damage or hurt a player’s hands when catching a bucketball.
Furthermore, it’s very economical to pick up the balls anyone loses while running the game.
The ball in the bucket game has been running for decades. However, bucketball itself was created recently after 2002.
Players tend to wear out old buckets quickly. Also, they needed a bucket for reusing that. They did it instead of buying a new one every single time.
Reasons for Playing Bucketball Game
The bucket ball has become a popular recreational sport. Especially, the kids and teenagers often play it even without their parents’ knowledge.
The bucket itself is small and lightweight. It means that players can carry the bucket around without hassle.
The original bucketball game is also known as “Bucket Dodgeball”. You may also have heard this game as “Bucket Pong Game”.
It offers both physical challenge and excitement due to the game’s rules. Here, each player must stay within boundaries while throwing a bucket at the opponent.
If you love sports activities, you can prefer this game as a stimulating one. It includes the excitement level of ball games with a physical challenge simultaneously.
How to Play Bucket Ball?
A bucket ball is a cross between a bucket ball and a pool. It is played with eight or more players, at least two buckets, and many balls.
This game requires some skills. You need to make shots to win. That’s why teens love to play this game.
Setting Up a Team
First, this game needs two even teams. Then, it comes setting up the target points and rounds.
It’s time to assign each team one or more (equal to the opponent’s) buckets. The players need to throw the balls into these buckets to score.
The first player stands at the line closest to their buckets. They keep a ball ready to shoot.
How to play:
If the first player tosses the ball rightly, then the team gains one point. If not, they will lose the point or pass it to the opponent. The player who passes the ball to the opponent, now must shoot, and try to score.
Suppose the ball goes into any bucket except the team’s bucket. Then they must pass to another player on their team. This player continues the game.
The same applies if a shot goes into one of the team’s buckets but is ‘Short’ (the ball does not go in or nearly misses), then it is passed on to another side’s member.
If a shot hits the bucket but bounces out, it is known as a ‘‘hooter’ and the team that made the shot gains one point.
It is excellent if a ball hits another bucket on its way into the target bucket.
If the game result ties, usually they need to play more till there is a winner.
This game is usually best played on a basketball court but can be played on any flat surface.
You should ensure there is no obstruction to the bucket. Also, make sure the teams have enough space between them to shoot from different angles. Everyone should realize the ball rules before starting the game.
This is the way you can enjoy your favorite bucket ball game. But you have the option to set new rules!
- A team scores 1 point for every successful shot landed in the opponent’s bucket.
- This point can be gained during regular play or immediately after scoring a goal.
- After touching the ball, a player must walk away from it before hitting it again to ensure no double hit.
- Players may not hit the ball until another player has been deemed unable to proceed or until the ball is out of play.
- The bucket Pong game is played in two halves. Each half lasts 20 minutes. Also, this half will have a 5-minute pause.
How to Win Bucketball Game?
Use these bucket ball game rules to your advantage. You will easily win each game! When playing Bucketball Game, use these methods:
- Don’t hit the balls too hard when aiming at the opponents’ buckets. If you miss, you waste time to use to strike or defending an opponent’s goal line.
- For optimal accuracy, shoot at the bucket closest to the player without wasting time before another shot can be made.
- In Bucket Ball, you can knowingly send the balls as far away from your bucket as possible. This method is beneficial when there are no opponents on your half of the court.
- if another player has been hit or injured and can’t keep playing, hit the ball towards the opponent’s bucket. Their team will not score any points for several minutes/seconds!
- Don’t forget the remaining time in the game! Hitting the bucket timely may lead to a goal. Otherwise, it can cost you the victory in the Bucketball game.
Now, you have the complete info on how to win a bucketball game. Start playing now!
You may try some other outdoor games from here.
Lorraine is a mother of two kids; one goes to college and another still reading in school. During her childhood, she wondered how people throw the bags in cornhole boards, how rings get properly in ring toss games. So, she mastered the tricks and started writing the blogs while giving time to the kids.