In this tutorial, I’ll teach you how to make resin dice without bubbles!
I’ll use the dice I made as an example, but you can use any shape you want. All you need is some resin, silicone molds, and patience.
Benefits of Making Dice from Resin
Table of Contents
Dice made of resin are growing in popularity for many reasons. First, the material is solid and durable. It means that the dice will last for a long time and can be used repeatedly.
Resin is also water-resistant, meaning it won’t absorb moisture from your hands and become sticky. It is beneficial for those who sweat a lot when playing games.
Another reason resin dice are becoming more popular is that they are beautiful. You can mold the material into different shapes and colors, so finding a set you love is easy.
Finally, the resin is affordable, so you can get a great set of dice without spending much money.
- Resin (any kind will do)
- Silicone molds (I got mine from an online store)
- Stir stick
- Measuring cups
- Optional: food coloring, glitter, etc.
The process of How to Make Resin Dice Without Bubbles:
- First, you’ll need to measure out your resin according to the instructions on the package. I used 2 oz of resin for my dice, so I measured 1 oz of parts A and B.
- Next, mix your resin thoroughly. I like to mix it for at least a minute to ensure no pockets of unmixed resin.
- Once your resin is mixed, you can add any colorants, glitter, etc., that you want. For my dice, I added a bit of gold glitter.
- Now it’s time to pour your resin into the molds. I like to use a pipette for this, but you can pour it in if you want. Be careful not to overfill the molds!
- Once your molds are filled, set them aside in a safe place and let them cure according to the time mentioned on the resin package. For my dice, I let them cure for 24 hours.
- After the curing time is up, your dice are ready to use! You can pop them out of the molds and enjoy them.
Tips and Tricks for Making Resin Dice:
- For creativity, you can mix different resin colors to create swirls or marbled effects.
- If you’re using molds with intricate details, you can use a toothpick or other sharp object to help get the resin into all the nooks and crannies.
- To avoid bubbles in your resin, you can try using a vacuum chamber. This is the method I used for my dice, and it worked great!
Thanks for reading! I hope this article was helpful. Also, now you know how to make resin dice without any bubbles.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments. Happy crafting!
Robert Scott is an expert in dice games. His favorite game is Yahtzee and obviously loves to try new dice games on his lawn. You would love to know how his skills and knowledge can make you a better dice player. Of course, Scott’s explanation of gameplay differs from other traditional game wikis.